Kevin has vast experience addressing complex commercial, scientific, medical, engineering, and technical issues that are of pivotal importance to his clients’ positions. These matters include the recent prosecution of plaintiff and defense interests in business torts and breach-of-contract litigation, medical device product liability/mass tort actions, and civil and administrative law trials and appeals for industrial and commercial entities’ alleged violations of the federal and states’ OSHA and environmental statutes, as well as California’s Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65) and the federal Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). He has frequently spoken and written on civil trial and administrative law practice, and has addressed innumerable trade associations and their members throughout the country.
As one of the country’s preeminent trial attorneys in toxic tort and water-borne pathogen litigation, Kevin assists clients in dealing with individual injury and community disease outbreaks allegedly caused by chemical exposures and viral and bacterial contamination of municipal and building water systems. His work routinely includes handling cancer, systemic disease, birth defect, and Legionnaire’s Disease cases. Members of industry turn to Kevin for his guidance on the legal ramifications associated with increased government scrutiny and regulation of environmental, health and safety issues in the workplace.
While in law school, Kevin was an extern to the Honorable Eugene F. Lynch, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. Kevin is admitted to practice before all federal and state courts in the State of California, and has been admitted pro hac vice in multiple federal and state jurisdictions.
- Served as regional trial counsel for several major American chemical and products companies in toxic tort, mass tort, and asbestos/talc litigation, and works with national coordinating counsel on the clients’ medical and scientific evidentiary and expert witness issues.
- Plaintiff counsel in a major fraud and breach of contract action against the manufacturer of a COVID-19 diagnostic test which failed to comply with agreed specifications for performance.
- Acting as de facto General Counsel for a revolutionary “waste to high-value recyclables, new feed stocks and on-site energy sources” technology company whose closed loop system will transform the way in which the world handles the human garbage stream.
- Serves as national coordinating trial counsel for major American sporting goods manufacturer in asbestos and talc litigation, including successful resolution of one of the first pericardial mesothelioma cases to ever proceed to trial.
- Served as designated trial counsel in western U.S. for Fortune 100 conglomerate and its national coordinating counsel in asbestos personal injury and wrongful death litigation.
- Represents a preeminent California winery in environmental regulatory, civil and administrative proceedings, and litigation arising from a storage tank failure and resultant spill to local waterways.
- Served as defense trial counsel in negligence and OSHA violation wrongful death lawsuit for industrial farm accident, successfully resolving the case during pretrial hearings.
- Coordinated client internal investigation and work with Cal OSHA during its investigation of industrial facility detonation incident, appealed and litigated Cal OSHA citations, and negotiated successful resolution of same immediately prior to trial.
- Handles federal, state, and Cal OSHA compliance counselling and incident investigations and citation appeals for various industries and facilities, including government military contractors, energy companies, industrial equipment vendors, and high-rise buildings.
- Represented one of the world’s largest art glass manufacturers in U.S. EPA and state proceedings involving hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) and potential violations of the federal Clean Air Act.
- Served as principal defense trial counsel for a medical device manufacturer in mass tort multi-plaintiff federal and state court products liability lawsuits alleging design, manufacturing and warnings defects, fraudulent misrepresentation and concealment, and breach of warranties.
- Served as defense trial counsel in toxic tort litigation involving claims of Toxic Shock Syndrome, transverse terminal limb reductions, and Legionnaire’s Disease.
- Regional counsel for a water treatment chemistry company in toxic tort, product liability wrongful death case alleging leukemia from solvents and other chemical exposures, and in mass tort litigation involving refinery catalysts.
- Served as trial counsel for several chemical product manufacturers in three trial groups of dozens of plaintiffs alleging cancer and systemic disease from alleged exposures in Lockheed’s “Skunk Works” facilities in the Lockheed Worker Coordinated Judicial Proceedings in Los Angeles.
- Handles Proposition 65 compliance counselling, violation notice investigations, litigation, and industry-wide resolutions for myriad domestic and international companies whose products are alleged to contain excessive concentrations of various carcinogens and reproductive toxins, including lead, phthalates, bisphenol A, benzene, TDCPP, and hexavalent chromium.
- Served as defense counsel for a Fortune 100 food and beverage company in a Proposition 65 suit concerning allegations of acrylamide exposure from multiple products.
- Served as litigation and trial counsel for a large herbicide manufacturer in multi-district litigation proceedings involving claims of property damage, misbranding, and mislabeling.
- Trial counsel for a major international generic pharmaceutical company in nationwide federal and state court litigation against the industry, alleging Medicaid overpayments for prescription drug reimbursements.
- Served as National Coordinating Counsel in the federal Multi-District Litigation proceedings, and defense liaison counsel in the coordinated California state court actions defending the formulators and encapsulators of nutritional supplements in the nationwide L-tryptophan products liability litigation.
- Served as a coordinating and litigation counsel for numerous product manufacturers and distributors in the New York, Minnesota, and California IBM Worker Litigation, addressing personal injury and wrongful death claims from cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive consequences.
- Represented the real estate development arm of a Canadian conglomerate in construction defect litigation throughout California.
- Served as National Trial and Coordinating Counsel for a major American company contesting claims of fraudulent misrepresentation, concealment, and conspiracy arising out of its historic investigative efforts, research, and publications on occupational hazards posed by exposure to industrial chemicals and minerals.
- JD, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- BA, University of California, Berkeley
- California State Bar
- Admitted Pro Hac Vice in multiple federal and state courts